Main categories of change in today’s workforce:
- Workforce Location: The domestic and/or global relocation of your business.
- Business process re-engineering: The analysis and change in workflows and processes within an organization.
- Technological change: Integrating new, innovative technology.
- People Changes: Integrating new roles and responsibilities in response to Regulatory; managing attrition.
Changes are primarily driven by management to increase revenue, decrease
the cost of doing business or due to a merger, acquisition, external
regulatory change or even the economy. Successful change means creating a
strategy that links the people, the process, and the technology to create a
better future state.
The Striler Group Service Offering for Managing Change:
- Assessment of SWOT: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats.
- Coach/Develop/Train: Help people adapt.
- Plan: Create a Road Map for change.
- Values/Vision: Inspiring, Simple, Focused on the future.
- Redesign Organizational Factors: Specific goals, Measurable results.
- Action oriented and agreed on, Realistic, time bound.
- Communications: Create a plan and manage the process.
- Project Management: Implement the change.
What to Expect from Change:
- Sense of loss, confusion.
- Mistrust and a “me” focus.
- High energy — often undirected.
- Control becomes a major issue.
- People hold onto & value the past.
- Perceived high levels of inconsistency.
- Fear of letting go of that which led to success in the past.
- High uncertainty, low stability, high emotional stress.
- Conflict increases — especially between groups.